- Spend more time in prayer. Commit to going to Adoration every single week, since we moved, I haven't taken on my own hour, I have been tagging along with my Mother. I want to continue going with her, but I need to make it a priority and not just find excuses not to go. Teach the children better in the Catechism department, we do try to live our faith in many ways, but I haven't been doing Catechism the last year as often. Also include apologetics as well. Go to confession more often, we go several times a year, but it's not as consistent as it should be. I will actually mark it on the calendar this year.
- Increase Respect for everyone. I am not disrespectful to complete strangers, but to my very own family, it's a different story, I could use a great deal of work!! Listen more, talk less. We had a family meeting last night and we all agreed to work on this as a family. I promised I would yell less, make more eye contact and really listen when they spoke. Listen more, talk less. I have been reading a book by Deborah Norville called, "The Power of Respect", while not all of it applies to our family, there is a wealth of information and examples that have really hit home with me.
- Visit relatives more often.
- Take off the 25 pounds I gained last year. I blame it on the stress of moving and even thought maybe I had Hypothyroidism, but the test results came back negative. I just need to get up, eat less, and move more. And as my Dr. said "You know you are getting older, you will have to work harder to lose weight and stay fit". I need to be a better example to my kids. We have a very neglected Y membership that we plan to use...it's on the calendar.
- Cook more, eat out less.
- Organize my home. (This is on the list every year and I have yet to accomplish it...although I do try!)
- Try to be content with what I have and satisfied with what I don't, additionally try to be creative with our resources. Listen more, talk less.