Background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Love Index

For our anniversary this year, my better half changed things up a bit, in past years my birthdays and anniversaries had called for a sweet card and a Mylar balloon. As much as I missed having to wrestle a balloon from our ceiling fan this year, I was shocked and awed by his gift. It was simple, loving, and very affordable. It was a stack of index cards tied up with ribbon. On each one, was a reason he loved me...here's a few of my favorites...I love that you bake awesome cookies, I love how you are always thinking about how we can be a better family, and I love how you care about my soul. This was the BEST gift I have ever received!!! I don't think it gets any simpler either. So, I flipped them over and wrote why I loved him on the back and gave it to him for his birthday today..1-11-11, It was just too awesome of an idea not to copy.
Here are his favorites from me: I love your Prince Charming handsome smile, I love that even though you are smarter than me, you still think I am smart in my own "special" way, and I love that you listen to all my plans....even the crazy ones that don't work out.

This was really fun and it's so uplifting to think of all the positives about each other, when often, we are tempted to nit pick or dwell on the negative. When I am having a bad day, I just pull out the stack and read and smile...it really does wonders for my mood.

8 comments:

  1. that is just the sweetest!!! (I might just have to snag that one for my sweetie!)

    I did do something for my mom one day. I made her a jar filled with nice things the grandkids said about her. (I told her they were little Pick-me-ups). She loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josette, I love that idea...that would make a great Mother's Day gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby made me a card like that when we were dating for twenty (fifth??) birthday, 25 things I love about you. It was so sweet, I still have it and it makes me all sentimental when I read it. You have a treasure of a hubby there, Debi. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet, what an awesome hubby :) Those kind of things mean so much more than any other gifts. That is nice you got a chance to share that back with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift! And I think what you did was very clever too! Phil gave me a list like this on a beautiful piece of paper with special calligraphy and each phrase started with a letter from my full name, I still read it from time to time, its the bestest gift ever! I gave him a 101 Reasons why I love you a few years back...I could probably write another one. We are blessed to have wonderful kind family and God-loving husbands :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Ladies....we are all very blessed indeed!!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that idea... think I will implement it for my own hubby for Valentines Day or maybe his birthday later in February. It's always nice to be reminded that it's the simple gifts that are the BEST! I hope your little guy is on the mend and feeling much, much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Danielle, Charlie is right as rain, now!! Thanks for asking!!

    ReplyDelete