Background

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catechesis of the Good Shepherd

The other night at our homeschool meeting, I met a catechist for The Catechism of the Good Shepherd program. I was very intrigued, so I went home and looked up the program.. http://www.cgsusa.org/about/default.aspx
It looks really wonderful, unlike many Catholic religion curriculums, it's focus is not on head knowledge, the focus is on love of God and formation of the soul. Never have I seen anything like this, it's amazing!! I have been shopping around for a new curriculum for the kids and I definitely want to do this, my only problem is that I don't think that I can create an "atrium" on my own. Our parish, St. Patrick's, has the program for younger children up to 2nd grade and they have invited us to participate with them. I will probably have the younger kids participate, but it's not set up as the program discusses, but of course the program was made for Montessori environments, so it had to be formatted to fit a traditional school environment. There also is the issue of my older kids. So much to think about......

2 comments:

  1. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is an amazing program, I would definitely highly recommend it. They offer training during the summers, I believe it is a 2wk course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, the kids start next week, and I am going also, I can't wait to see it in action. I saw the training info on the website. It's such a unique program...very fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete