Background

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trim Fittin'


Before

I know it's kind of lame posting tiny little bits of progress...but it keeps me motivated, which keeps Don motivated.
The old trim with paint all over it, has been a bee in my bonnet. 1 down, 1 to go! This is in the kitchen looking out into the living room.


After

Don and I were talking about our house remodeling goals and our lack of progress..we had projected to be finished within 1 year of our move in date..that's coming up in May! Part of the problem is this house has been a can of worms, we start on 1 project and surprise, there's a problem...with another project attached to that. Then, there has been the series of  typical house issues..hot water heater needed to be replaced, the springs on the garage door needed replacing along with a new opener for 1 of the doors, we discovered a leak in the upstairs bathroom which leaked down into the main floor family room ceiling, dishwasher broke down, and... we have a HUGE project going on in the backyard...I'll give that one it's own post...soon. Okay, so the point I'm trying to make is that, we aren't where we want to be. We are both bummed and feeling guilty, lazy and unproductive. We sat down and discussed our options and we came up with the 10 Minute Plan. The plan is that every single day, we will spend 10 minutes doing part of a project...so at least something will get done. Of course, on big project days, we will spend hours...but on the in between days...10 minutes. I hope you don't mind if we drag you through one little minuscule accomplishment at a time? I promise I won't post every 10 minute accomplishment!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea. You've just got to tackle those big projects one little bit at a time. The white trim looks awesome against those chocolatey brown walls. I'll look forward to continuing to see your progress...and hearing about the backyard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how the projects go in our household too. No sooner do we start one project then another pops up!! It's hard for me to be patient when I see taped up walls waiting.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. And, don't you often find with everything that once you get the motivation to get going, you end up working a bit more than you had told yourself you "have" too?
    The trim looks AMAZING and even though it is a small thing, it makes a big difference and those things will add up.
    Have fun! Can't wait to hear about the backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, you never cease to amaze me! I need to take a page from your book and institute a 10 minute plan around here. My problem is I'll likely spend a weeks worth of 10 minute plans simply deciding what the focus of my 10 minute plan will be! I'm excited to see all your projects :)

    Also, what template do you have your blogger account set to? When I chose a new background I was fiddling around with some other stuff on the "design" section of my blog and somehow changed it and can't get it back the way it was, so I'm stuck with the peachy colored letters for my blog title and it's getting on my nerves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, the template is called "Picture Window". You can also click on "Advanced" on the Template Designer and customize your title font and title color and for the rest of your blog as well. Good Luck!! It's a challenge to figure all this stuff out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of your walls...do you know what color it is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, it is Olympic brand called "Poppy Pods", I used the striped chocolate wallpaper I was using on the soffits to find a match...it's the closest color to chocolate that I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. I still need to come over and see it in real life. I'm with Elizabeth. Whenever I have extra time, I end up wasting it wondering what to do first!
    I'm impressed and you guys should be too with all the work you've done!

    ReplyDelete