Background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Day the Wind Blew

Hannah was tickled to find out her painting, "The Day the Wind Blew", has been selected as a semi-finalist in a competition in Washington D.C. If her artwork is chosen as a finalist, it will be featured in a traveling exhibition. If not, it will be returned home. It's encouraging for her to experience this little bit of excitement, she spends so much time drawing, painting, and creating with anything she can get her hands on. We were both surprised it was chosen, it's such a simple piece, but it took her a long time, it measures 14"X17"....that's a whole lot of brush strokes and paint.

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely, lively art with great color and texture. I'm not surprised it earned this attention. I pray God bless Hannah's work and experiences creating with the talent and skills He develops in her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Hannah!! Way to go, girl!!!! Debi, good for you for giving them the opportunity to pursue what they enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at it! It's a aerial view isn't it? I love that little boat with a person in it...right? It's just lovely and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Josette...you have a good eye...it's got more detail than my camera can show. My favorite part is the little red crab on the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! What contest is it in?
    I have sat down and painted the past 2 evenings and it's been so wonderful! I love art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erika, I'm not sure, it's through Artsonia. We have to submit the children's art through there for the art teacher to critique, when we load their art, it's automatically entered into VSA's National Art competition. I told Hannah that even if her art isn't selected for the National tour, it's a great honor to be selected from a national pool of children. Erika, I have seen some of your beautiful art...you are the true sense of the term, "Renaissance Woman".

    ReplyDelete