Background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Master in Art~ Salvage

I have been pining away for one of those cute vinyl quote kits, you know the ones that cost $30? I was very tempted to buy one, but learning from last week's clock fiasco, I resisted. Today, my friend and neighbor told me she was throwing away a picture because the glass was broken and she kindly offered it to me. The wheels began a turnin' and I thought, "How hard could it be to make one of those quote thingys?" Don pulled out the broken glass for me, I painted the frame and mat..I think it's maybe a little too pink...I might be toning that down a bit, and I printed out the quote 4 letters at a time on cardstock, cut them out and glued them to the back of the print. This was a total freebie. Ok, well it took me quite a long time because, about 1/100th of the way through my printer ran out of black ink..ugh...so I pulled out the sharpies and colored them in. I wanted something large in scale and I'm somewhat happy about the way it turned out...except maybe with a little less pink.


5 comments:

  1. what are you kidding? that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josette, you know, I'm not real sure about it. Maybe it's a little too big or something??? Or maybe the frame should be painted black?? I just wanted a contrast because all the furniture is black.....hmmmm...it's one of those iffy projects for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, regarding your comment, I'm thinking given the choice between black and white for the frame, that black might actually work a little better. It would give it more contrast and a more finished look in my opinion. But props. what a great thrifty project! FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did this all in ONE day?

    I like it and am impressed once again. I am also with Monica and you though that it is very good but maybe black and smaller. Maybe your picture doesn't give it the best angle though? How do you feel about it when you walk into your room and see it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica and Erika, I agree, I think black might look better, I'll give that a try. As far as making it smaller...I'm not sure about that, I don't have any other frames near the size I would need...although, I could make the verse itself smaller..just don't know if it would be swallowed up in the 28X36" frame. As far as how I feel when I walk into our room, I'm not crazy about it and it just bugs me. I had my heart set on just the verse without a frame around it....I think I'm just gonna paint the frame, hang it back up and stew about it awhile and see if any ideas come to a simmer....I really appreciate your comments!!

    ReplyDelete