Background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finding Christ

As Christians, we are called to see the face of Christ in others. I have failed more times than I have succeeded in doing this, but it's so reassuring and comforting to find Him when we remember to seek. Some days it's easier to spot Him than others, today it was easy. The kids were invited to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. The place was the busiest as I have ever seen. Every single table was reserved for birthday parties and there were hundreds of people there. I had a headache and the littles were overwhelmed, confused, and a little scared. I watched the staff busily attending to the needs of the parents, the birthday guests, and to the children themselves. The busiest by far however, was Christian, a humble game maintenance employee. He was responsible for fixing the games when they broke down or wouldn't dispense tickets. I myself had to ask him at least 3 times to fix different games or machines that were malfunctioning. He always responded politely and quickly. The last time I had to bother him, I asked him if he was tired at the end of the day. He sweetly smiled and said. "Oh yes, I am." He never complained or became short tempered even when others did. He just went about his work with precision, diligence, and mildness. His name certainly suits him. I wondered, do others see Christ in me??....when I am hurrying through the store with my children, or trying to pass someone who drives "too slow", or when someone comments on the number of children we have and I fail to respond in charity??? Is it really as easy as Christian made it seem?? To smile without complaint and to be gentle and not forceful? How many times have I complained to Don after he comes home from work about how hard my life is and how he has the easy part of this life...can I smile more, be more thankful, appreciative and work without acting like a martyr?? It's so good that Christ is merciful and sends us examples to light our path. 3 John 1:11 “Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.”

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I think Christian's name suits him well!

    ReplyDelete