Background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Child's Speech

I wanted to share a very cool tool that my friend, Mary posted on her blog about speech developement. Each number represents the child's age and the letters indicate the sounds the child should have mastered at that age. I wish I could have had this when I first had children!! To see this larger, just click on the pic. Here's the list in case you can't see it, 3 years-m,n,h,w,p 4 years-b,k,g,d,f,t 5 years-y,ng, 6 years-l,j,zh,ch,sh,wh, 7 years-r,s,z, 8 years-v,th,blends 
This makes me feel so much better about Benny, he has a hard time with L's and R's.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks for sharing! I have a sis-in-law who often worries about her son's speech (he really talks fine in my opinion), and I sent her this. What a nice concise little chart.

    ReplyDelete