Sunday, July 17, 2011


Here's all the no-sew valances finished, the window seat area...I decided to add a muslin lining and added a thicker trim that's 3X as wide as the previous trim along the bottom...I had to change it because the store didn't have enough and this was just as affordable...and I like it MUCH better. We also adjusted the curtain rods to fit the windows better.
Here's the Before window seat. I am planning to make a nicer window seat cushion that spans the whole width....I was so disappointed in these pillows from Target....they didn't hold up very well and stained horribly...even though I scotch-guarded them.
I also made a lumbar pillow for the chair on our way to K.C. this weekend...I hand sewed it and used bias tape for piping.

Close-up of the new thicker trim.


  1. Beautiful! You're such an inspiration Debi!

  2. amazing! I do like it better too. It's amazing what some new window treatments can do!