Background

Monday, July 25, 2011

Hope for Moms of Young Children

When Noah was a baby, he had colic and my arms burned and my legs throbbed from walking through the house all day and most of the evening patting his back, singing, bouncing, and trying to soothe him until he was 6 months old! I thought those days would never pass!! This wasn't the perfect dream of motherhood I had envisioned.

 I comforted myself by thinking, "Someday he will be able to comfort, feed, dress, and wipe himself...I also prayed and cried...a lot!!  And believe it or not, that day came, went, and progressed into not only helping himself but the rest of the family too!! It happens, it does, we are living proof! 

It's kind of like compound interest. You invest your time, your effort, and yourself... of course completely dependant upon God, right?? You receive multiple blessings in the form of children and when they are of age(usually between 7-8) they help more than what is required for their sustenance. It's totally true!

These exquisite creatures exist almost purely on love. No, they aren't perfect and they do things to remind you of this. But we need those reminders or we have lost the whole humility package that's built into the divine parental covenant.  

We know several families that put ours to shame.... BIG TIME... 
They are the models and examples we strive to emulate.
I try to remember: For every bad day, there are at least 2 good days.

 We have a long way to go, but we are trying......



"We will run and not grow weary, for our God will be our strength, and we will fly like the eagle, we will rise again."
Eli reading to Benny and Charlie



Jonah cleaning


Hannah cutting up Benny's waffle.
Noah and Charlie


3 comments:

  1. thank you Debi! You are my hope at the end of this long tunnel :)
    (Noah looks a lot like Doug in that last shot there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi... I don't know if it's my pregnancy hormones or the fact that I REALLY needed this post, but it made me cry :) I'm in that state right now... needing a reprieve from the hard work of raising kids! Thanks for showing me that it will happen... one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good things to look forward to...now to make sure I invest in the "future" :) thans for the post!!

    ReplyDelete