Background

Monday, May 16, 2011

Best Machine Bread

When I saw the word, "foolproof", in the description, I knew it was the one for me;) I absolutely LOVE this bread machine recipe. It's so versatile, you can change it up using 1/2 whole wheat flour or throw in a little flax, you can add rosemary and Italian seasoning to make a savory rosemary bread, you can up the sugar content and add cinnamon to make a breakfast bread...the list goes on. I have been using this recipe for over a month...and I have been making it often and having a blast trying new ingredients, not to mention enjoying the wonderful aroma enveloping the house. This recipe is from Allrecipes.

1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 tablespoons white sugar

1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast

1/4 cup vegetable oil

3 cups bread flour

1 teaspoon salt

Directions
1.Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes(I never do this, I just throw it in order and push start) Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.

3 comments:

  1. thanks, for the recommendation...I have been comtemplating a bread machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. intriguing. I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make that bread recipe. Here is another must have recipe for your bread machine, this one always turns out great. Looking forward to the future when we can eat this one again.
    http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2008/02/who-bread.html

    ReplyDelete