Background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

One Eight

Today is our anniversary. We have been sick for the past week and a half. Last night, while I comforted Gregory during the wee hours, I reflected on the year since our 17th anniversary.

It's been a really HARD year.
  • Through a very difficult pregnancy our faith and trust in God has been tested.
  • Our success with NFP has BOMBED.
  • Our whole family endured the painful death of my Gramma, which has left an aching chasm in my soul.
  • We haven't finished as much schooling as I would have liked.
  • I can't seem to get a handle on routine and or housework since Gregory's birth.
  • The list could go on and on....
BUT
  • Although our faith and trust has been tested, it has also been strengthened.
  • We stink at NFP, but we have thrived in our openness to life...come what may.
  • I truly believe my Gramma is in Heaven and now her pain from this world "is as nothing" in the light of eternal glory.
  • Even though homeschooling was limited this year, the kids were so helpful and caring...and get an A+ in Home Ec.
  • I don't think I ever had a handle on routine and housework! It is my goal this year to improve.
AND
Each struggle and challenge has only drawn us closer and created an ever increasing dependence on our Savior.

Christmas pic...didn't think 2 sick people would want to pose.
Happy 18 Sweetheart, truly, everyday my love for you only grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment