Background

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Response To Comments

Hi! For some reason, I am unable to respond to comments on my blog???
I just wanted to post a response to Josette who said, "wow! I am ashamed at all that I don't do and yet inspired at the same time. Wow!!!!!! On the "Meet Katie" post.

Josette, I too am edified beyond words. God is calling each and everyone of us to help care for our neighbors whether they live next door or across the ocean. What is our response? I can only speak for how He has spoken to my own heart. Little by little, Jesus has gently spoken to my heart and asked me to seperate myself from the distractions of life in the sense of materialism. He wants me to pull away from media that would be damaging to my fragile soul. He wants me to listen to Him through the Mass, our priests, His word and works, to my husband and to His sweet whispers to my heart. I believe now that Don and I have been praying for over a year about a call to mission life, that call has only increased and become stronger for both of us. We are going through a time of discernment with a priest and with friends who have walked this path before us. God only knows what the next few years holds for us. My only prayer is to do the will of God and not my own.

 “Once our eyes are opened, we can’t pretend we don’t know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.” Proverbs 24:12


No comments:

Post a Comment